Apr 7, 2014

Mushroom Monday

Hi Friends!

Well once again, it's a nasty rainy day here in Ohio.. Therefore, what a PERFECT day to show off my new & improves Blog design!! I hope you all love it as much as I do. I still need to update my about me area, but all in due time :) My new favorite part is the Recipe section! And today, that's what this post will be about!

Last week, my little Mr. was sick with an ear infection. It was a rough week to say the least, with a lot of sleepless nights for Danny & I. So, I decided some soup was just what we needed. For lunch, I made us just that. I made a delicious Mushroom Soup for my Mom & I to enjoy. She was my guinea pig since it was my first time ever making it! And she LOVED it, as did I! So here's what I did..

"Cream of Mushroom Soup"
Serves 2

1-2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Onion - Finely Chopped
1 Minced Garlic Clove
8-16oz Finely chopped Mushrooms of your Choice (I used a combo of Shiitake, Crimini & Oyster)
Sea Salt to Taste
1/2 TSP Ground Black Pepper
1.5 Cups of Chicken or Beef Stock (I used Beef)
1 Cup Almond Milk (or Milk/Cream of your choice, I used Almond.)
1 TBSP Chives or Scallions

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Cook the onion for 3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic & cook for 1 minute. Add the Mushrooms, salt, & pepper. Reduce the heat to medium & cover & cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are softened.

Stir in the stock of choice & milk. Bring to a slow boil & simmer for 3 minutes. 
Now, at this point you could do one of two things. You could pour the mixture into a blender for a smooth texture, or you could do what I did & leave it chunky. 
Top with chives, and you are done! 

I hope you all have an awesome Mushroom Monday! 

{Leslie}







1 comment: