Apr 19, 2014

Girls Night In

Hi Friends!

Sometimes you want to just hang out with some friends, who totally get you. They know you've royally screwed up in a lot of ways, and yet HEY! they love you anyways! They've laughed, cried, rejoiced, been angry, disappointed, indifferent, all of these things with you & at you. And yet God, in all of his awesomeness has blessed you with them. It's rare. It's been a learning process for me. I've not been the greatest friend. I've been an introvert who didn't want to ask for help & support. Even to this day, after going through recovery & knowing that God's love is the one true love & friendship that will guide me through life, I've failed. But I'm also so thankful that everyday is a new day. A day to get it right... If I constantly go back & think on the ways I have been, even just yesterday, I am giving in to the enemy. God wants us to live in his new strength. He gives it to us everyday. We can either embrace it or reject it. I know this.. I'm over rejecting it!

So on that note.. lastnight I had a Girls Night In! And it was so needed.. if not for the select ladies that I had over, it was absolutely for me! Each one of them know this as well.. like I've stated, I've been a not so good friend, so I really needed this time with them!

I love to cook. I wish that I could become a personal Chef, or start my own business in this manner somehow. But until God leads me in that direction, I will put love into dishes for those I love!

I decided to have an Asian Menu... my girlfriends say everything I prepared was Amazing. They better be telling the truth, since it's Blog Official!!! :)


When you see these ingredients, what do you think will be happening?

I realize not everyone will want to use these specific things. But, for my girlfriends who I know are on a Healthy lifestyle journey like I am.. this is how I wanted to prepare it for them!!

::Egg Drop Soup::
Serves 4 & Total time of Prep to Service is 10 Minutes

4 Cups Chicken Stock
1-2 TSP Grated Fresh Ginger (I LOVE Ginger, so I went heavy on this)
1-2 TSP Coconut Aminos or Gluten Free Soy Sauce (Or Low Sodium Soy Sauce, it's whatever you like)
1/4 TSP Sea Salt
1/4 TSP Black Pepper
2 TSP Coconut Flour (Again, my preference)
1-2 Eggs Whisked (I did 2, but feel like 1 would've been ok)
3 Scallions, sliced

In a large saucepan, bring the stock, ginger, Aminos/Soy Sauce, salt & pepper to a slow boil. Stir in flour until dissolved. Turn off the heat. From around 8-10" above the soup, slowly drizzle the eggs while stirring the soup slowly in a circular motion. Continue to stir for around 30 seconds after the eggs have been added.
Add the scallions.

And there you have it!



Next up, our Main Course!

::Ginger Sesame Pepper Steak::

1 Lb thin sliced steak (I used Lean Sirloin & next time will slice Ribeye. Sirloin became tough due to being so lean.)
2 TBSP Coconut oil, Divided
1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into strips
1 Red or Yellow Pepper, cut into strips (I used both, I love Peppers!)
1 Sweet Onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 TBSP Freshly Grated Ginger
2 TBSP Coconut Aminos, Gluten Free Soy Sauce, Tamari or just regular Soy if you don't care lol.
2 TSP Sesame Oil

If you buy pre-sliced steak, then you can skip this step. Otherwise, Slice the steak crosswise against the grain into 1/4" strips.
In a wok or large skillet over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil until hot. Stir-fry pepeprs & onion for around 3 minutes, or until tender crisp. Transfer to a plate & set aside.
In the same wok or skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil until hot. Cook the steak strips for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the garlic & ginger & continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the steak is browned. Add the Aminos/Soy, along with the sesame oil. Add the Peppers & Onions back into the skillet & cook for 1-2 minutes, tossing until hot.

And there you have it!!


Peppers & Onions
Steak
Finished Dish!
 
Dole brand Asian Salad, with Walden Farms Sesame Dressing

We really had a great time. We ate, we laughed, we shared heart to heart stories. It was needed. There is truly nothing I enjoy more, than to prepare a meal for the ones I love!

I truly hope you will take time out this weekend, to show the ones you love (and even the ones who are hard to love) the true love of Christ. He offered himself up for us, so that we could live in his love & grace. It's not easy, but with His help, we can do it. He commands us to do so... Our Pastor has said, when you have a hard time showing Grace & Love to some people, bake them a cake.. No one can resist good food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment