Apr 12, 2014

Lets Get Roasted!

Hi Friends!

I need to let you in on a little issue I have. It's called ROASTING VEGETABLES! I am seriously out of control. I've already shared my Cauliflower love, but it goes beyond that! Brussels, Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, Carrots, shall I go on?!?! But I wanted to share my favorite way of Roasting. It involves 4 staples that you should already have... Ready?


  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Ground Sea Salt
  • Ground Black Pepper

Yes, SERIOUSLY, that's it. So let's do this!

Preheat your oven to 450, I know that's high, but it's what I do to get them really good & brown. You could clearly lower your heat to 400 for a not so brown effect :) I just love how caramelized they become!
Line a baking sheet with foil.

For Mushrooms & Peppers, here's what I do..


  • 1 big Portobello Cap  wiped clean & cut into large slices (I buy a large Cap & slice it myself)
  • 1 Red Pepper cut into large slices
  •  Place them in a medium size bowl
  • In a small bowl, combine 1 TBSP Oil, 1 TBSP Vinegar, 1 TSP Salt & Pepper.
  • Pour mixture over the mushrooms & peppers & lightly toss until completely coated.
  • I often drizzle a little more of the oil & vinegar, I like them really saucy :)
  • Place them on the lined baking sheet & roast for 15 minutes.
  • Turn & roast for an additional 15 minutes. And there you have em!
Why have just plain ole veggies, when you can bring out such a delicious flavor this way!


Before Roasting
After Roasting

No comments:

Post a Comment